Here’s another short animation I made. It’s a dissection of our ideas about the Thanksgiving story.
Here’s a short animation I made. It’s about perspective, and it’s inspired by the play Saint Joan by George Bernard Shaw and the Occupy Wall Street movement. Let me know what you think!
I thought I’d leave some updates here about what I’ve been doing lately, because my grand life plan is coming together. Or something.
- I recently started a video game blog (at gamemanifesto.net) that I generally updated bimonthly (as in twice a month) over the summer but will probably only update bimonthly (as in every other month) during the school year. I’ve been using it as a place to post essays on games, and my intention is to develop a portfolio of writing that focuses on demonstrating how games are important cultural texts whose interactive elements can be used to express meaning and tell stories in new and unique ways.
- I worked as a freelance copyeditor over the summer. I copyedited book-length manuscripts written by self-publishing authors and also wrote these authors comments and editorial letters with suggestions for changes.
- Last spring I invented my own major called Writing and Interactive Media. It’s considered an Individually Designed Interdisciplinary Program (or IDIP), but I like to call it my supermajor.
- As part of my supermajor, I’ve begun to work on a few projects. I’m writing an interactive short story for the Web, for example, which I may link to here in the future if I think it’s decent enough to share.
- I hope to design my first (probably very simple) video game by the end of the spring. I’m taking a computer animation class now and then a 3D game design class next semester.
- I’m planning on designing a video game for my thesis project next year. This one I intend to spend a lot of time on and develop into something I’m really satisfied with.
That’s all! I hope to share some of my work here in the future, so I’ll update as I have stuff.